Monday, 7 December 2009

First draft of music magazine front cover and contents page

This is the original idea for my front cover and contents page of my Indie music magazine. I chose not to use these as my final copy because I didn't feel it had a strong enough look that was as clear as it should be for an Indie music magazine. I tided up the look of the fron cover and contents page and kept to the convetions of the traditional look of a music magazine. I used a strong house style with my main colours being-pink, blue and black and white.



The word document, above, contains the initial planning that I made for the contents of the article and the various types of fonts I could use as well as how I was going to set up my photoshoot. The font styles came from the website http://www.dafont.com/. The document to the right is planning of the layout of how I could have had the magazine and the type of background I could have used. I chose to not follow these conventional ways and go with my own ideas of the layout to create a new format and magazine style. I have included the first draft of my inside article, this hasn't been used as my final draft because it has too many balnk spaces and not enough colour to draw people's attention in, also the layout is not of the typical conventions of a magazine (it is not in columns).


This annotated magazine cover with The Who as the main article has been used to help me learn what the different areas of a magazine are and how and what they are used for.

No comments:

Post a Comment