Friday, 20 November 2009

Planning for my music magazine

The genre of muisc I am creating my magazine around is Indie. I choose the genre of Indie because most of the music I listen to is Indie or Indie based. The term Indie is used to describe independence from major commercial record labels and a Do-it-yourself-approach to recording and publishing.
Independent labels have been known to strive for minimal influence on the artist they represent, avoiding the artist-cultivating behavior of many major labels. Artists represented by Independent labels have been known to be focused more on producing music than becoming wealthy and/or well known.

Above is a section of my questionnaire that I created to help define what house styles people generally prefer when buying a magazine (what catches their eye and helps to encourage them to buy the magazine), what topics people like reading in a magazine and how much they would pay for a magazine and how often they buy magazines of any types. I have also included links to interviews with different music artists which explains what inspired them to create the music they do and the feelings behind the songs.










To find the final images that I wanted to use, I took alot of photos to have a large selection to chose from. This helped to give me more photos to work with and use in various ways on the magazine aswell as having backups if I changed my mind about the type of magazine I was creating or the audiece it is aimed for. Here is just a samle of a few of my images.

No comments:

Post a Comment